I continue to have problems posting the “yesterday’s news” which provides links to everything that was posted in the forums. Because the problems do not seem to be resolvable (by me) I am going to “walk you thorough” how to get forum posts emailed to you. If anyone has website skills and wants to help out, please email email@example.com. Believe me, we’d appreciate it.
- to download an illustrated step-by-step guide on how to register for the forums, click here
- to download an illustrated step-by-step guide on how to use the forums, click here
The first thing you will need to do is to register for the forums. This is an additional step than registering for the website (using website – short version). Here are some frequent questions, with answers:
Q. I registered to get emails from hivdatf.org. Why do I have to do it again for the forums?
- Because the HIV DATF is 100% unfunded, we can’t pay someone to handle the website for us. It’s just Susan, in between clients and planning trainings, who manages the site. In order to have a forum to which people can post, we had to use a separate service. We linked the two, but they are two separate services, so we need two separate registration processes.
- Most of the posts are in the forums. We try to reserve the hivdatf.org blog for things that are specific to the HIV Drug & Alcohol Task Force. The forums are community forums where we post information about agencies, trainings and events that are not organized by the HIV DATF, resources, employment information, articles etc. – basically everything that isn’t just about the HIV DATF will get posted through the forums.
Q. What happens if I don’t register for the forums?
- Nothing happens. You can go to the forums at any time and see what was posted. You can access anything that is posted.
- BUT… since we can’t do the “yesterday’s news” on this blog, you will have to go on your own to see if and when things are posted. You won’t get any notifications.
- ALSO… you will not be able to post anything or or respond to any posts.
Q: I already registered for the forums but I don’t get email. What did I do wrong?
- You didn’t do anything wrong. Once you register, you then have to set up getting emails. It is the click of a mouse. no big deal.
- You can get an email every time anything is posted in any forum, or you can streamline and only get posts in forums which are interesting to you (ie: TRAININGS or EMPLOYMENT). Look at the top of this post. You will see a few links. Read “how to use the forum” to find out how to do that.
- If reading about it is too hard, just go to the forums and look for the in the upper right corner of the page and click on it. If you go to the main/front page [http://hivdatf.yuku.com/directory] and click on the you will get everything that is posted in every forum. If you want to be mroe specific, go into to the forum(s) you want emails from, and click on the on that page. You can do as many or few as you like, and you can change your preferences at any time.
Q. I don’t like to do things for myself. Can’t you set it up for me?
- … but if you need help, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org and I can try to walk you through it.