Today is the last day Californians can register to vote in the November 6th election. You can register to vote online, or at any of several registration sites set up throughout the County. Go here to figure it out: http://www.lavote.net/
Remember, if you’ve moved since the last time you voted/registered then you must re-register. If you register today your name may not appear on the roles when you go to the polls, if this happens, just ask for a Provisional Ballot and the counting gurus will figure it out on the back end.
There are 11 ballot measures, and some of them are related to us as SUD providers who work with incarcerated & post-incarcerated clients. Please check out some of the non-partisan websites to learn more about them.
Up for a vote:
- Proposition 30: Temporary Income and Sales Tax Increases
- Proposition 31: State Budget Reforms
- Proposition 32: Restrictions on Using Payroll Deductions For Political Purposes
- Proposition 33: Auto Insurance Prices Based on History of Having Insurance
- Proposition 34: Eliminate the Death Penalty
- Proposition 35: Stronger Penalties for Human Trafficking
- Proposition 36: Revision of Three Strikes Law
- Proposition 37: Labeling of Genetically Engineered Food
- Proposition 38: Income Tax Increases for Education and Early Childhood
- Proposition 39: Income Taxes on Multi-State Businesses For Clean Energy/Energy Efficiency Funding
- Proposition 40: Re-drawing of State Senate District Boundaries (Redistricting)