Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) For HIV Prevention
Through the Corporate Grants program, Gilead supports the efforts of community-based organizations, public health entities and similar umbrella organizations to educate their constituents and healthcare providers about the role of PrEP as part of comprehensive HIV prevention. Specially, Gilead is looking to support organizations focused on high-risk populations such as young adult MSM of all races, Hispanic/Latino ethnicity, transgender women, and African American heterosexuals (populations with higher HIV prevalence and at higher risk of HIV infection among those without HIV infection).
Gilead will consider a wide range of ideas that reach diverse geographic locations within the United States. In particular, Gilead encourages proposals from organizations that can demonstrate the following:
- Applicants who are able to clearly state how “underserved” populations will be reached through clearly defined goals and milestones.
- Strong community network to implement a successful PrEP education program.
- Educational concepts that could be replicated across the nation, specifically how the selected proposals could be taught, adapted, and launched by organizations in other communities.
- Organizations must be classified as a not-for-profit and headquartered in the United States with an interest in public health, including but not limited to providing social services, education, or advocacy for “underserved” or “hard to reach” populations.
- Organizations that provide direct patient care, and not just STD testing and treatment, are eligible for consideration on a case-by-case basis as long as the request for funding is being submitted by the non-direct patient care part of the organization.
- June 30, 2015: Application Submission Deadline for Funding Consideration
- August 15, 2015: Award Notification Announcement
Applications and/or questions about the announcement or application form* should be submitted to email@example.com. Please indicate “PrEP Proposal – [Name of Organization]” in the subject line.
- The program provides awards to an institution or a patient advocacy organization for a one-year period.
- Application to the Corporate Grants program is not a promise of funding.
- If you are currently implementing a PrEP education program through an award provided previously by Gilead, please request the final report template and renewal proposal form by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Gilead reserves the right to approve or disapprove any application. Award of a grant in any one year does not infer that a subsequent grant will be awarded without further application and approval.
About Gilead Sciences
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. We strive to transform and simplify care for people with life-threatening illnesses around the world, always keeping the patients and the communities we serve at the forefront.