Below is a training announcement focused on the ASAM Criteria. We encourage you to share this with your staff and hope that you take advantage of this great learning opportunity.
Wednesday, December 6, 2017, 9:00am-4:30pm
ASAM Criteria Training: Using the ASAM Criteria to Re-Assess Clients within the Context of the California Treatment System (ASAM-C)
- County of Los Angeles Department of Public Health, Substance Abuse Prevention and Control Program; with
- UCLA Integrated Substance Abuse Programs; and
- the Pacific Southwest Addiction Technology Transfer Center
This interactive training will provide an overview of the ASAM Criteria, Levels of Withdrawal Management and ASAM Levels of Care. Using case examples, participants will be divided into two groups with the task of reassessing individual case studies and determining if the client is to remain in the same level of care or be stepped up or down, depending upon the outcome of the assessment across each of the six dimensions. Participants will present their case to the overall group, describe the re-assessment process, provide an overview of the risk rating for each dimension, and establish a level of care placement utilizing the ASAM Level of Care Determination Tool developed in Los Angeles County.
At the conclusion of this training, participants will be able to:
- Review the ASAM Criteria and discuss the value of a multidimensional assessment
- Apply, through case study discussion, the use of ASAM criteria to establish risk ratings for each case study across the 6 ASAM dimensions
- Explain how to determine an appropriate level of care based upon the risk ratings for each case study reviewed
Location and Time:
Behavioral Health Services: 15519 Crenshaw Boulevard Gardena, CA 90249
Wednesday, December 6 2017, 9:00am-4:30pm
For all of the trainings’ details and registration forms, please visit SAPC’s training website at: http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/sapc/Event/event.htm. On the upper righthand corner, click on the calendar icon as below. Then, you’ll see the monthly calendar with all the different trainings within each day. Click on the training topics you’re interested in and they will take you to the specific details of each training, including the registration link.