LOS ANGELES CENTER FOR ALCOHOL AND DRUG ABUSE
Outpatient and Community Services Department
Los Angeles Centers for Alcohol and Drug Abuse (L.A. CADA) serves multicultural communities throughout Los Angeles County. Our mission is directed toward saving lives, empowering individuals and families, and strengthening communities through patient-centered substance use and behavioral health services. L.A. CADA envisions communities where all individuals can access services to help them achieve personal and family goals and dreams. Our values are expressed through compassionate
service, dedication, diversity, and empowerment with the utmost integrity and professionalism. For more information, please visit http://lacada.com/2018/.
POSITION: CERTIFIED SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR
HOURS: FULL- TIME
LOCATION: 470 E. THIRD ST., SUITES A & B, LOS ANGELES, CA 90013
This position will provide direct clinical services to the patients of the agency’s outpatient population. Such services may include intake and assessments, group, individual, family counseling, crisis intervention, and referrals.
- A.A. OR B.A. degree in a social service field preferred.
- Must have proof of a state certification in substance abuse counseling and two years of experience counseling recovering addicts in a program that is licensed by the State of California, Department of Health Care Services.
- Experience or knowledge with evidence based practices including but not limited to Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Motivational Interviewing (MI) and ASAM Modules.
- Proponent of patient-centered, trauma informed, culturally appropriate, recovery
oriented system of care.
- Ability to obtain an “NPI” Number and “C” Number by time of hire.
- Ability to collaborate with integrated, multi-disciplinary team, behavioral health
- Attention to detail; ability to exercise good judgment and discretion.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred but not required.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer literacy; including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Valid California Driver’s License and Identification required.
- Proof of personal auto insurance may be required if position requires driving.
- Must be able to pass a criminal history background screening (Live-scan), as well as maintain a current First Aid/CPR Certification, physical exam, and Tuberculosis test results.
APPLY: Please send resume to: FAX- (562) 906-1068 or EMAIL- firstname.lastname@example.org
Current L.A. CADA employees who are interested in this position are encouraged to apply by submitting a resume to the Human Resources Department.
CLOSING DATE: Open until position is filled.
Los Angeles Centers for Alcohol and Drug Abuse is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices meet all Federal and State Regulations.