Welcome to the HIV DATF Community Forums. We have updated and streamlined our forums in order to reflect issues of concern to the communities in which we are involved. We would like to encourage people in the community to post services, events, news, resources, and also to respond to other peoples’ posts, in order to share information and dialogue – to share and grow provider knowledge.
So… how do you get started?
STEP 1: Register. This takes 10 seconds and involves coming up with a user name and password.
STEP 2: If you want to receive an email or an RSS feed whenever something is posted, click on the orange button in the upper right corner.
STEP 3: Please start to post!
CLICK HERE TO ENTER FORUMS
Interactive community forums | hivdatf-forums.org
local planning bodies, as well as statewide, and national planning, & organizing
- community participation:
- activism demonstrations, rallies, teach-ins etc.
- advocacy action alerts, letter-writing campaigns, call-your-representatives campaigns
- meetings community group meetings
- programatic service-related: surveys | help with program development | requests for assistance from others in the field | fundraisers | agency events
fundraisers, community events, lectures, social gatherings and more
- behavioral health (MH, SUD, harm reduction)
local & national community organizing around harm reduction, mental health, substance use disorder treatment and co-occurring diagnosis issues
updates on ACA, ADAP, DMC, Medi-Cal, Ryan White, as well as news about changes to healthcare access
local community advocacy, organizing, and planning around HIV, including the Los Angeles Commission on HIV, the Prevention Planning Committee, various Task Forces and other community organizing groups. Also, updates on national & international organizing.
- incarceration & criminalization
community planning & organizing around issues of the criminalization of bodies, behaviors, and status
- saving the safety net
meetings, teach-in’s, educational forums, actions etc. in response to a predicted loss of community/social/health services
training & continuing education opportunities, conferences, calls for papers and abstracts
- calls for papers and abstracts for conferences, trainings, and publications
- conference updates
follow conferences online
posting format: MM/DD/YR: Name of Event in the header. These events are cross-posted in the community calendar. This is where to post upcoming trainings, CEU trainings, webinars, live-streaming trainings etc.
employment and certification
This area is to let community know about SUD certification changes, & employment opportunities
- counselor certification
As of April 1, 2005, the counselor certification regulations, Title 9, Division 4, Chapter 8, made specific the requirements regarding counseling services in any AOD program licensed or certified by the Department of Alcohol and Drug Programs (ADP).
- employment opportunities
Los Angeles County health alerts
research, research studies & clinical trials
This area is to let community know about local and national research, clinical trials.
- alcohol and other drugs research & clinical trials
research on addiction, substance use disorders, etc.
- gender & sexuality research & clinical trials
- hepatitis research & clinical trials
- HIV & HIV prevention research & clinical trials
- marijuana research & clinical trials
- tobacco research & clinical trials