November 12, 2014 & December 10, 2014
registration at 9:00am | training from 10:00am – 1:00pm
Behavioral Health Services, Inc.
15519 Crenshaw Blvd, Gardena, CA 90249
Limited free parking in the lot ~ public transportation and carpooling recommended
6 SAPC HIV training hours and
6 BBS & 6 CAADAC CEUs for people who attend both sessions.
PART 2 (12/10/14) Documents to be downloaded:
PART 1 (11/12/14) Documents to be downloaded:
- 11-12-14 agendaPart 1
- 11-12-14 evaluation
- 11-12-14 HIV Drug and Alcohol Task Force Nov. 2014 Part 1
- 11-12-14 presenter bio
Susan Holt, PsyD, LMFT, CCDVC, is a nationally recognized expert in intimate partner/domestic violence and developed and has directed the Los Angeles LGBT Center’s (formerly the L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center) internationally recognized STOP Intimate Partner Abuse/Domestic Violence Program since 1996. She is also an adjunct facility member at Pacific Oaks College and Antioch University where she teaches about the subject of intimate partner and family violence. Holt was the keynote speaker at legislative hearings in California on LGBT battering and frequently lectures and is interviewed by television, radio, and publications about the subject of domestic violence. In 2001, Holt worked with Senator Jackie Speier to develop the requirements for Senate Bill 564, a bill that requires domestic violence education for California’s mental health professionals. Holt also worked closely with Equality California to develop Assembly Bill 2051, a bill that supports the development of LGBT specific domestic violence services and is the first bill of its kind in the nation. Holt is the former Board President of the Statewide California Coalition for Battered Women, has represented L.A.’s fourth council district on L.A.’s Domestic Violence Task Force, and served as the chairperson of the LGBT Issues Committee of the L.A. County Domestic Violence Council among other appointments and leadership positions. In 2010, she participated in the first-ever LGBT domestic violence roundtable at the White House. She has been honored in Who’s Who in American Women and Who’s Who in America for her pioneering work in domestic violence and has been recognized by the California Legislature and former California governor, Gray Davis, for her significant contributions to the LGBT community.
Domestic Violence Legal Advocacy Project, call: 323-993-7649 or send an email to email@example.com. For non-legal related services, call our STOP Domestic Violence Project at 323-860-5806 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Alcohol and Domestic Violence
- Intersection of Domestic Violence & HIV/AIDS
- Intimate Partner Violence and HIV/AIDS
- LGBT DOMESTIC VIOLENCE – California Courts
- TIP 25: Substance Abuse Treatment and Domestic Violence
- COMMUNITY ACTION TOOLKITS FOR ADDRESSING INTIMATE PARTNER VIOLENCE AGAINST…, National Coalition of Anti-Violence Programs, in association with GLAAD, National Center for Transgender Equality, National Black Justice Coalition, National Gay and Lesbian Task Force and Trans People of Color Coalition, April 29, 2014. Read news release.
- CULTURALLY COMPETENT SERVICE PROVISION TO LESBIAN, GAY, BISEXUAL AND TRANSGENDER SURVIVORS OF SEXUAL VIOLENCE, Sabrina Gentlewarrior, National Online Resource Center on Violence Against Women,
DOMESTIC VIOLENCE IN LESBIAN, GAY, TRANSGENDER AND BISEXUAL COMMUNITIES: TRAINERS MANUAL, developed by New York State Office for the Prevention of Domestic Violence, for New York State Department of Health AIDS Institute, HIV Education and Training Programs,
ENSURING ACCESS FOR LGBT VICTIMCS OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE, SEXUAL ASSAULT, DATING VIOLENCE AND STALKING, OVW Blog, Office on Violence Against Women, Washington, DC: September 30, 2013
- The Institute on Domestic Violence in the African American Community (IDVAAC)
- California Domestic Violence Project Partners
- Los Angeles Violence Prevention Resource Directory …
- Battered Women Shelters/Walk-In Centers
- Los Angeles LA Gay and Lesbian Center
- Violence Prevention Coalition of Greater Los Angeles
- LA Rainbow Services San Pedro
- Paula Julian – National Indigenous Women’s Resource Center
- Center for the Pacific Asian Family, Los Angeles
- Directory of Domestic Violence Programs Serving Muslims
- Family Violence Project – Jewish Family Service of Los Angeles
- The National Congress of Black Women, Inc. (NCBW)
- INCITE! Women, Gender Non-Conforming, and Trans people of Color* Against Violence