Assessing our clients and placing them at the appropriate level of care requires that providers be familiar with the DSM-5 and ASAM Placement Criteria. “Medical Necessity” is the critical new standard in Los Angeles County and the State of California. We also invite participants to consider the ethical implications of these standards.
- September 21, 2016 10:00am—1:00pm
- APLA Health [3741 S. La Brea Ave Los Angeles, CA 90016]
- Parking is FREE
- Closest public transport: 212/312 (La Brea/Coliseum) | 105, 705, DASH Crenshaw (Rodeo / La Brea)
- October 26, 2016 10:00am—1:00pm
- Cri Help, Inc. 11027 Burbank Blvd, North Hollywood, CA 91601
- street parking – CARPOOLING & PUBLIC TRANSPORT STRONGLY RECOMMENDED
- Closest public transport: 152,353 (Vineland/Burbank) | 154, 163/162, 224 (Lankershim/Burbank) | 152/353, 154, 156, 163/162, 183, 224, 501, Green Line, Orange Line (N Hollywood Station)
CEUs: 3 continuing education credits are being offered by the HIV DATF through the California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP): provider #2N-10-141-0418
Training Documents: (all will be made available prior to the training)
- [09/21/16] [10/26/16] Agenda
- [09/21/16] [10/26/16] Evaluation
- [09/21/16] [10/26/16] Powerpoint
- Presenter bio
- ASAM criteria including levels of care
- ASAM grid
- DSM-5 Diagnosis
- American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) Criteria for Medical Necessity
Anthem: Behavioral Health Medical Necessity Criteria – This document lists our evidence-based criteria for medical necessity
- Blue Shield of California – criteria for providers serving Blue Shield of California members can be found in the California Medical Necessity Criteria with the exception of specific Neuropsych Testing Medical Necessity Guidelines.
California Medical Necessity Criteria – criteria for providers serving members in California.
- An Argument for Change in Tobacco Treatment Options Guided by the ASAM Criteria for Patient Placement.
- How to Use The ASAM Criteria – American Society of Addiction Medicine
- Principles for Defining Medical Necessity in Mental Health Treatment The American Association of Community Psychiatrists (AACP)
- Understanding and Utilizing the ASAM Placement Criteria – NAADAC
- What is the ASAM Criteria – American Society of Addiction Medicine